Wednesday, April 2

Gratitudes: Special Charms

Browsing around different blogs, I found daisy chain's most recent post about the Saint Joseph bag she carries with her everywhere and I couldn't help but think of all the little things I have slipped into nooks & crannies too, all the milagros, beads, crystals, painted doohickeys, swatches, seashells, buttons--the list goes on and on.

When my mother was diagnosed with cancer, a good friend of hers put together a tiny purse like this filled with gemstones, a handful of the most colorful and textural bits you could find. For a long time it has been one of my most prized possessions and, after some plain old wear, the fabric seams just started to fall apart. I knew I had to find a new home for it (one of those projects you always mean to get around to!) but what would work? Just by chance, at one of the plant fairs we visited last year, I brought home this tabletop birdbath and, voila!, my charms had a new life. Thanks to the find, I can't help but think they look like some kind of magical water now, out in the open for all to see.

Thanks, Amber, for this moment of reflection!

What's tucked away in your world?

add to kirtsy

No comments: