Saturday, June 28

A Vision for the Event: Harvest Moon

I began this board with the fabulous top left image from In Style Weddings. I loved the idea of tights for the girls of the wedding party--and grey ones no less! It's so infrequent that you see this kind of detail at a wedding. From there, I thought of the fall and a bright event of the season: the harvest moon. Instead of the usual autumn themes, I tried for something that merged the modern and the organic. Thinking about a round shape seemed important--the beads, the pond, hay bales, round folds in the bride's gown, round tiered cake. I imagine including a haiku in the ceremony would be perfect for this wedding....





Image sources: Instyle Weddings,
Bonbon Oiseau, Architectural Digest, harvest moon scene from here, Carolina Herrera, Brides.com, Love Jenna (the best calligrapher we know!), The Sartorialist, harvest moon from here.

add to kirtsy

No comments: