Monday, November 3

A Vision for the Event: Softer Black & White

Wouldn't a casual, a little bit ruffly black-and-white winter affair be divine? Soft frilly linens, fresh tea roses, a big antipasto spread (there are olives in the bouquet!) and a sweet Italian almond cake--I just love the look of mixing modern and vintage. What would you do for favors? I still haven't quite figured that part out...hmmmm!





Image sources: Maybelle's calligraphy in Martha Stewart Weddings via Snippet & Ink, JCrew, Bella Figura, pretty shoes via Peonies and Polaroids, Anne Sportun, Kate Mathis, Kate Mathis, Martha Stewart.

add to kirtsy

8 comments:

BEL said...

ooooh - i love this one! you're making me re-think my white and green...

Cyd said...

I absolutely love this! Especially the cake paired with the Bella Figura letterpress and the bouquet. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! This is such a gentle and subtle take on what can be a somewhat harsh palette---and I love how you so perfectly found a dress to reflect the ruffled layers on the cake!

Oh, and YAY for voting! Proud to say I not only voted already today, I also helped register a friend who is a first time voter. We are so blessed to be able to participate in our country's political process.

Rebecca said...

Thanks, ladies! Bridget, your palette is gorgeous, girl--I hope you don't change it! And yahoo for democracy, Anne, am I right? :)

Darling Dexter said...

I'm in love with this modern/vintage push..pull. There is something elegant about this inspiration board but not stuffy...love it..

cassandra said...

oh, i am SO feeling this!!! gorgeous ring, dress... all of it. amazing!

Fiyah Fly said...

The chalkboard caligraphy behind the cake is such a great idea. I might make that the guest book for my wedding :)

emily said...

i love this board. black and white is always classic, but i love this fresh twist.

emily@oncewed