Monday, March 16

Colorography: Sentimental Shades



It's not too often that I'm really struck--I mean, with a strong visceral reaction--by a combination of colors. For some reason, the palette behind these tees got me: they're the color of my childhood. Light aqua, light lavender, a faint peach and grey. Maybe it's a New England thing. There's something so sweet and fine there. Like wild irises. Or icicles clinging to the eaves. I can't place it but I think one of my first memories of beauty had to do with this scheme. Ever had an experience like this?

Oh, and, by the way, if you haven't seen it, the new JCrew spring collection is wonderful...! If you were to do a wedding in any of their color combinations, it couldn't help but be an aesthetic success.

add to kirtsy

4 comments:

cassandra said...

j.crew killed it with their spring colors! those t's look mighty comfy too...

Alicia said...

Wow, those colors are very New England! They immediately brought me to any number of seaside towns in both winter & summer - grey salt washed shingles, lavender light on the ocean, hydrangeas in window boxes & gardens, morning glories... Thanks for the visual trigger - I clearly love New England & its color palette! The only thing missing is a splash of geranium red!

Rebecca said...

lovely, Alicia! I think you're so right--something going on in those colors + red that reminds me entirely of the coast of Rhode Island--such beauty in what you wrote--tell me you pen poems! :)

Alicia said...

Nope, no poetry here, but speaking of Rhode Island I have a photograph taken from Little Compton as the sun was setting & the sky is full of purple light - it's what made me think of lavender on the ocean!