Friday, December 21

Sweet Find: Wintry Village


Awaiting our latest snowstorm, I've been thinking back on the holiday decorations of my childhood, the ones that survived being passed hand to hand across generations. Until wandering around the web today, I had forgotten entirely about the brittle cardboard houses and castles that I knew so well back then--and then there they were! I love the updated versions of these rare kitschy classics. Despite the lush new colors, looking at them I imagine some things haven't changed--for one, the scale still seems to be charmingly off. I can almost feel the sandpaper walls, bottle brush trees, aerosol snow, frozen-stiff deer, and part of me thinks, I could live in this weird world for a little while. (See here too in one of Lena Corwin's home tours.)

add to kirtsy

No comments: