Saturday, February 7

Backyard Field Guide: Annie's Annuals & Perennials





It's no secret: I love gardening. I love getting my hands dirty, going to the garden center, reading about gardeners and garden history, and--guilty pleasure--browsing catalogs from different regions of this fine country. One of my very favorite greenhouses--despite never having visited (some day!)--is Annie's. Every page of their yearly catalog is filled with passion and whimsy. Today they sent out this wonderful spring slideshow to the email list and, oh, it has me so sentimental for California spring and the flowers to go with it! It's been 65 degrees here the past day or so (strange for Nebraska, right?) and I can't help but feel a little closer to the coast than we really are.... What's your favorite spring flower?

add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Angel said...

Wow, nice post! Beautiful flowers, those are perfect for my wedding.